I have a large stockpile of food and work on my resources daily! I love to recycle and garden. Canning is a source of therapy for me and most people think I am nuts to do it. I make candy from scratch like popping a batch of store bought cookies in the oven is normal to you making things from scratch is normal to me. I am a homesteader. Most of you if not all of you don't know I have chickens. LIVE chickens!
Here is a list of the books I am reading that are on my nightstand.
- Flee Market Style
- The Backyard Homestead
- Home Preserving Made Easy
- The Self-Sufficient Life
- Square Feet Gardening
- Great America Home Baking
- Urban Farm
- Two Other Personal Friends Cookbooks
My kitchen counters consists of the following:
- Two Food Dehydrators
- Pressure Cooker
- Bread Machine
- Kitchen Aid
- Bag full of 15 pounds of gleaned pecans to put up
- bowl of fruit
- and a book shelf full FULL of cookbooks
My office are has:
- two printers
- two tables
- hundreds of pounds of coupons
- I was not kidding about that
- organizers, containers, and small binders
- coupon policies
- bills, checkbooks, junk!
- Let's just sum up and say my husband and I sleep in the "store" room!
Hope this helps you know a little more about how and why I am so frugal and deep minded about it. Have a great day!